- 1 How do you activate burrow in Dwarf Fortress?
- 2 How do you breed animals in Dwarf Fortress?
- 3 How do I train my dog in Dwarf Fortress?
- 4 How do you make pastures in Dwarf Fortress?
- 5 Where can I find a vampire in Dwarf Fortress?
- 6 How do you attack in Dwarf Fortress?
- 7 How do you feed animals in Dwarf Fortress?
How do you activate burrow in Dwarf Fortress?
Create the burrow
- Hit w to go to the burrow menu and a to add a new burrow.
- Then hit enter to define it.
- Hit n to name it, I’d call it “Inside”.
- Then hit Enter to start a rectangle and enter again to finish it, just like designating areas to dig.
- Then hit ESC a couple of times to get out of the burrow menus.
How do you breed animals in Dwarf Fortress?
To be able to breed, a creature must have separate [MALE] and [FEMALE] castes. Genderless and one-gendered creatures are incapable of breeding. In addition, intelligent creatures must be married or otherwise “marriage-compatible”, even if they do not actually marry ingame.
How do I train my dog in Dwarf Fortress?
To have your animal trainer begin training a wild animal, use z to open the status screen and select the animal menu. Scroll through the list until your captured wild animal is selected and use t to set a trainer to train it. Note that if a caged animal is fed a plant, seeds will stay in the cage.
How do you make pastures in Dwarf Fortress?
A pasture is defined using i-n to draw a rectangle, and then animals are selected to graze. Having pressed i to define a zone, highlight the pasture and press N (Shift+n), select the animal(s) you wish to pasture using +/-, and press Enter.
Where can I find a vampire in Dwarf Fortress?
The first sign of a vampire appearing in your fortress will be dwarves popping up dead and drained of blood, sometimes going missing for weeks beforehand. The vampires will appear with different migration waves or sometimes slip in from the wilds between migration waves, sadly there is no obvious way to detect them.
How do you attack in Dwarf Fortress?
Select the squad using “a” (I believe that is the correct button). Press the “k” button, then target what enemy you want to kill and press “enter”.
How do you feed animals in Dwarf Fortress?
Re: Feed animals
For grazing animals, you need to create a zone (i) over grassy land, make it a pasture (n), and assign animals there (N). Make sure the pasture is large enough for all of your animals, or they’ll start picking fights with each other.