- 1 How do I find my hunter certification number?
- 2 What if I lost my California hunting license?
- 3 How do I find my hunter education number California?
- 4 Does Hunter Safety expire?
- 5 WHAT IS A GO ID number?
- 6 Who is exempt from hunters education?
- 7 What Animals Can you hunt without a license in California?
- 8 Where can I go hunting in California?
- 9 Do you need a license to hunt rabbits in California?
- 10 Can you get hunters education online?
- 11 How do I get my California hunting license?
- 12 What information on your hunting plan can help law enforcement?
- 13 Does hunter safety certificates transfer from state to state?
- 14 Does hunter safety courses transfer from state to state?
- 15 How do I replace my lost hunters education card?
How do I find my hunter certification number?
If you obtained your certification through an online agency, retrieving your certification number will be very simple. First you have to find the name of the agency that gave the class, and then follow through on the prompts.
What if I lost my California hunting license?
How can I get a copy? A: Duplicate hunter education certificates can be issued to any person who completed and passed a hunter education class after 1989. If the student took the class after that date, they should contact their nearest CDFW License Sales Office to obtain a duplicate.
How do I find my hunter education number California?
A. Students who have completed a California Hunter Safety Education Course in the year 1989 or later can obtain a replacement hunter education certificate by contacting the Department of Fish & Wildlife Hunter Education Office at 916-445-0411.
Does Hunter Safety expire?
It does not expire. When you get your card they will give you the option to give them your SS#. If you do not and lose your card they cannot replace it and you will have to take the whole course over again.
WHAT IS A GO ID number?
Under ALDS, purchasers of a hunting or fishing license are issued a “Get Outdoors” identification number (GO ID) that is printed on all license documents. The GO ID is used to retrieve a customer’s information each time they purchase a license or apply for drawings in the future.
Who is exempt from hunters education?
Those exempt from this rule include active military personnel, landowners and children under 12-years old who hunt under direct supervision of a legally licensed adult. Resident and non-resident hunters may purchase a one-year hunter–education exemption license.
What Animals Can you hunt without a license in California?
(a) The following nongame birds and mammals may be taken at any time of the year and in any number except as prohibited in Chapter 6: English sparrow, starling, domestic pigeon (Columba livia), coyote, weasels, skunks, opossum, moles and rodents (excluding tree and flying squirrels, and those listed as furbearers,
Where can I go hunting in California?
Public Land: Hunting and Fishing in California
- Bighorn Mountain Wilderness. • 38,500 acres.
- Plumas National Forest. • 1.14 million acres.
- Shasta-Trinity National Forest.
- Tule Lake National Wildlife Refuge.
- Modoc National Forest National.
- Crocker Meadows Wildlife Area.
- Los Padres National Forest.
- Lower Klamath National Wildlife Refuge.
Do you need a license to hunt rabbits in California?
The California Fish and Game Code classifies jackrabbits, cottontails, and brush rabbits as game mammals. No license is required for the owner or tenant to take rabbits doing damage. A trapping license from the California Department of Fish and Game is required when trapping rabbits for hire or profit.
Can you get hunters education online?
Effective immediately, prospective hunters may earn their hunter education certification online. More information is available at https://wildlife.ca.gov/hunter–education.
How do I get my California hunting license?
How Do I Get My State Hunting License?
- Complete the California hunter education certification requirements.
- Choose the correct license type.
- Buy the license through the California Department of Fish and Wildlife website or a California–approved agent.
What information on your hunting plan can help law enforcement?
Answer: A hunting plan tells where and with whom you are hunting and when you expect to return. It also should contain specific directions on your route to your destination and any alternate destination you may have if bad weather changes your plans. Be sure to include your cell phone number and cell phone carrier.
Does hunter safety certificates transfer from state to state?
Yes, California accepts proof of Hunter Education issued from any state or province. Present your certificate of successful completion to a license vendor or at a CDFW License Sales Office and you can purchase a hunting license.
Does hunter safety courses transfer from state to state?
Reciprocity. All U.S. states, provinces, and countries that have mandatory hunter education requirements will accept the National Hunter Education Certificate. Likewise, National will accept Hunter Education certifications that are issued by other jurisdictions that meet official IHEA-USA requirements.
How do I replace my lost hunters education card?
To replace a lost, destroyed, or damaged Hunter Education Certificate, go to https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/Hunter–Education/FAQ#29812903-how-do-i-replace-a-lost–certificate.