- 1 Is a 308 good for elk hunting?
- 2 What is the recommended caliber for elk?
- 3 What is a good all around hunting rifle for deer and elk?
- 4 What is the best caliber for elk moose and bear?
- 5 Is a 308 or 30-06 More Powerful?
- 6 Is a 270 more powerful than a 308?
- 7 Will a 350 Legend kill an elk?
- 8 Is 6.5 PRC big enough for elk?
- 9 Will a 150 grain bullet kill an elk?
- 10 Will a.270 kill an elk?
- 11 Will a 7mm Mag kill an elk?
- 12 Can a 30/30 kill an elk?
- 13 Will a 30/30 kill a grizzly bear?
- 14 What caliber is good for moose hunting?
- 15 What is the best caliber for grizzly bear hunting?
Is a 308 good for elk hunting?
308 Winchester is a good caliber for hunting deer, pronghorn, elk, moose and bear. 308 Winchester will usually tell stories of how well the caliber does as a sniper rifle out to 700 yards and sometimes beyond.
What is the recommended caliber for elk?
Want the ideal elk cartridge? Look to something that fires a 7mm or bigger heavy-for-caliber projectile at around 3,000 fps. Best bullets are the 7mm 155- to 175-grainers, and the. 30-caliber 180- to 200-grainers.
What is a good all around hunting rifle for deer and elk?
270 Weatherby Magnum,. 280 Remington, 7mm Remington Magnum, 7mm Weatherby Magnum, 7mm STW, 7mm Remington Ultra Mag. These are all great mule deer cartridges, and all can certainly do a good job on elk as well.
What is the best caliber for elk moose and bear?
The Best Ammo for Elk and Moose Hunting
- 10 |. 375 Ruger. Do you want a big gun?
- 1 | 6.5 Creedmoor. This is the “new kid on the block.” Born in 2007, it isn’t an old ammo option.
- 2 |. 270 Win.
- 3 |. 280 Rem.
- 4 | 7mm-08 Rem. Typical Muzzle Velocity: 2,550 fps.
- 5 |. 308 Win.
- 6 |. 30-06 SPRG.
- 7 |. 300 Win Mag.
Is a 308 or 30-06 More Powerful?
30–06 has a muzzle velocity around 2,900 feet per second with a 150-grain bullet, while a. 308 is around 2,800. 30–06 hunting rifle. The higher velocity means this round is going to shoot flatter at longer ranges than the.
Is a 270 more powerful than a 308?
308 Winchester certainly has an edge over the. 270 when shooting 150gr bullets, the 130gr. 270 load has more energy remaining and shoots flatter (the. 308 has 15-20″ more bullet drop) at 500 yards than both.
Will a 350 Legend kill an elk?
Yes you can kill a elk with it but many have died to a 30/30 and a. 243. I will agree there is going to be a need for some better made bullets.
Is 6.5 PRC big enough for elk?
When using bullets like a 127 grain Barnes LRX, a 140 grain Swift A-Frame, or a 143 grain Hornady ELD-X, the 6.5 PRC can be darn effective on even the biggest bull elk. If you have a hankering to use a 6.5mm cartridge on elk, then the 6.5 PRC is probably the best one for the job.
Will a 150 grain bullet kill an elk?
Re: 150 Grain Bullet Enough for Elk? just fine. whack em and stack em. there are many more bullet cartridge combos out there that do arguably less damage than a 150grn out of a 3006 out there killing elk every year.
Will a.270 kill an elk?
270 Winchester will kill an elk with a perfect broadside shot. But if you have a quartering shot a. 338 Winchester will penetrate a lot deeper and break more bones.
Will a 7mm Mag kill an elk?
A 7mm Rem Mag is a great choice for elk. Short answer, yes. Longer answer. I think any of the 7mm or 300 mags are about a close to perfect elk rounds as you can get, but there have probably been more killed with the 30-06 and 270 than all the magnums combined.
Can a 30/30 kill an elk?
Plenty of elk killed with 30-30 every year. Lots of my family have killed elk with 30-30 and 300 savage at farther ranges than your talking about. Hit them right and elk will die with whatever you are shooting.
Will a 30/30 kill a grizzly bear?
30-30 carbine is good defense against a grizzly, here’s one fellow, with experience that would disagree with you. Back in May of 1965, Jack Turner found out that it was just the gun for him to dispatch a charging grizzly that turned out to be the largest on record at that time.
What caliber is good for moose hunting?
The. 270 Winchester, the 7-08, the. 280 Remington with a 150 grain controlled expansion bullet would do the trick on a moose, especially for a recoil sensitive hunter.
What is the best caliber for grizzly bear hunting?
9 Great Grizzly Guns for Brown Bear Hunting and Backcountry Defense
- Ruger Hawkeye Alaskan (. 375 Ruger)
- Winchester Model 70 Alaskan (. 375 H&H)
- Marlin 1895 (. 450 Marlin)
- Remington Model 700 (. 375)
- Remington 870 (12 gauge)
- Taurus Tracker (.
- Glock 20 (10mm)
- Ruger Super Redhawk.