- 1 What state has the biggest mule deer?
- 2 Which states have over the counter mule deer tags?
- 3 What state has the best deer hunting?
- 4 Where can I find big mule deer bucks?
- 5 Which state hunts the most?
- 6 What state has largest deer population?
- 7 Can you buy over the counter mule deer tags in Montana?
- 8 How much is a Colorado mule deer tag?
- 9 Can you buy over the counter mule deer tags in Colorado?
- 10 What state kills the most deer?
- 11 Can deer jump an 8 foot fence?
- 12 What time of day are most big bucks killed?
- 13 What attracts mule deer?
- 14 What side of the hill do mule deer bed on?
- 15 What is the best mule deer attractant?
What state has the biggest mule deer?
1. Colorado: Colorado is king no matter how you slice the data. It puts out the most and biggest record mule deer bucks of any state in the country.
Tags. Arizona, California, Idaho, Oregon, Nebraska, South Dakota, and Washington are states where you can purchase tags over the counter and hunt mule deer every year. Arizona, California, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington also offer draw tags for some units.
What state has the best deer hunting?
The 10 Best States to Hunt Whitetail Deer in the U.S.
- South Carolina.
- Georgia. While its placement on this list may come as a surprise to many, the quality of whitetail hunting in Georgia has increased greatly over the years.
Where can I find big mule deer bucks?
For the best place to find mule deer, pick a good vantage point and look to the shade. Mulies typically favor the shade, but don’t let that keep you from glassing into every possible location. As you plan out when and where to glass, consider where the mule deer spends most of their time living.
Which state hunts the most?
Texas leads the nation in number of hunters but it is also the largest state in the whitetail’s range, so hunter density is light.
What state has largest deer population?
How Many Deer Are In the United States?
- Georgia: Deer population around 1.2 million.
- Oklahoma: Deer population around 500,000.
- Colorado: Deer population around 25,000.
- Iowa: Deer population around 400,000.
- South Dakota: Deer population around 300,000.
- Alabama: Deer population around 1.8 million.
#Montana Offers Combination Big Game or Elk Tags
Over-the-counter (OTC) tags are no longer available for non-residents. You will have to apply for what they call Combination Elk, Big game Combos (Deer and Elk) and Combination Deer licenses.
How much is a Colorado mule deer tag?
|License Type||Fee – This is the fee you will be charged if you are successful in drawing your license, or get an unsuccessful option.|
|Resident Youth||$ 15.50|
|Nonresident/fishing combo*||$ 101.75|
|Nonresident youth/fishing combo*||$ 51.50|
They’re available at over 700 sales agents around the state, at CPW locations, online or by phone. You may purchase these licenses when over-the-counter licenses go on sale.
What state kills the most deer?
Here’s a rundown of where to go in the top 10 states that over the last decade produced the greatest number of whitetail B&C entries.
- Wisconsin. Wisconsin is easily the top producer of B&C whitetails.
Can deer jump an 8 foot fence?
There are several facts you need to keep in mind when installing such a fence. White-tailed deer can jump almost eight feet high, so effective upright fences against them should be this high. Deer may be able to jump high, but not both high and over a distance.
What time of day are most big bucks killed?
Most of them are specifically between 9:00 and 10:00 in the morning to be exact. It’s a proven time, and it could have a lot to do with the common perception among deer hunters that things slow down once early morning is through.
What attracts mule deer?
Rattling and Scraping Antlers
Rattling is a great method for attracting mule deer. Essentially, you rattle a set of 2 antlers together and it creates an illusion of 2 dominant bucks fighting. This is great for drawing in other bucks that are looking to establish dominance and even does looking for a dominant buck.
What side of the hill do mule deer bed on?
Mule deer often bed down on the leeward side of any roll in the topography, so keep this in mind as move across the land.
What is the best mule deer attractant?
Baits like apples attract Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Squirrls, Birds, Deer and all kinds of animals. That in turn attracks Coyotes, Bobcats, Bears and Lions. Mule deer get hooked real quick on sweet baits.