- 1 What is the best turkey choke?
- 2 Which shotgun choke is best for hunting a large slow bird such as a turkey?
- 3 Is modified choke good for turkey hunting?
- 4 What length shotgun barrel is best for turkey hunting?
- 5 Do you use a full choke for Turkey?
- 6 What choke to use for slugs?
- 7 Is 6 shot good for Turkey?
- 8 Is a turkey choke tighter than a full choke?
- 9 Which shotgun choke is the most open?
- 10 What is the best shot size for Turkey?
- 11 Can you shoot a slug through a turkey choke?
- 12 What choke should I use for Buckshot?
- 13 Is a longer shotgun barrel more accurate?
- 14 Is a 20 inch barrel more accurate?
- 15 Is a longer barrel more accurate?
What is the best turkey choke?
4 Best Choke Tubes for Turkey (as of April, 2021):
- Carlson’s Choke Tubes 70120 Choke Tube for Turkey Review. Distance more than 50 yards.
- Primos Hunting 69405 Choke Tube for Turkey Review. Distance of 40 yards.
- TRUGLO TG185X Choke Tube for Turkey Review. Multi-Phase Groove Technology.
- Kicks Industries GOBBLIN’ Thunder Review.
Which shotgun choke is best for hunting a large slow bird such as a turkey?
Conversely, someone hunting a larger, less mobile bird that is usually farther away, such as a turkey, would select a Full choke, which concentrates the shot in a smaller area.
Is modified choke good for turkey hunting?
Re: Turkey with a Modified Choke? You’ll be perfectly fine, just pattern your gun to know how far you should reasonably shoot. Just about any choke with a decent load will kill a turkey at 30 yards.
What length shotgun barrel is best for turkey hunting?
What is the ideal barrel length for your turkey gun? Shorter barrels have become the general norm for turkey guns because they are more maneuverable and lighter to carry. Choosing a turkey gun with a barrel length between 21 – 24 inches will suit you well.
Do you use a full choke for Turkey?
Full: This choke has tight constriction and a dense pattern, delivering approximately 70 percent of a shell’s total pellets in a 30-inch circle at 40 yards. It’s often used for trap shooting, waterfowl pass shooting, turkey hunting and buckshot loads.
What choke to use for slugs?
Improved cylinder, cylinder choke, and rifled choke tubes are the best choke tubes for slugs. These choke tubes offer little constriction to provide stability when shooting.
Is 6 shot good for Turkey?
6s are ideal. More guns pattern the smaller shot better and out to typical turkey killing ranges, the high pellet count can literally swarm a turkey’s vitals with a combined abundance of energy.
Is a turkey choke tighter than a full choke?
It may seem a small amount, but it is actually quite a bit of constriction when you consider all that shot has to squeeze through that narrow tunnel. So, a full choke is. 030 of an inch tighter than cylinder and most turkey chokes are another 30 thousandths of an inch tighter than full chokes.
Which shotgun choke is the most open?
A shotgun barrel with Cylinder choke actually has no constriction at all. Its diameter is the same as the barrel’s internal dimension. This choke throws the widest pattern, so it is considered the most open choke.
What is the best shot size for Turkey?
7 shot as the best shot size for turkey hunting. It is even prevalent in some areas to use the only No.
Can you shoot a slug through a turkey choke?
Rifled slugs are designed to pass through chokes, but turkey chokes are an exception. Do not shoot any other kind of slug besides a rifled slug through a tight choke.
What choke should I use for Buckshot?
The best choke for buckshot is improved cyl and is effective out to 40yds. Anything tighter than that the pellets bounce off each other creating an irradic pattern. Shooting buckshot at a deer that is out of range in unethical.
Is a longer shotgun barrel more accurate?
There is a slight increase in velocity with longer barrels, on the order of 5 or 6 fps per inch of barrel with most loads. You’ll read, too, that longer barrels offer a lengthened sighting plane.
Is a 20 inch barrel more accurate?
Theoretically 16″ barrels are more stiff than 20” thus more accurate. However barrel quality will always trump length. longer barrels will be more accurate at longet ranges but no big difference between my 14.7 and 20” at 100 yds.
Is a longer barrel more accurate?
The short answer: Yes, a longer gun barrel improves accuracy. Theoretical accuracy of handguns and rifles is driven by rifling, barrel length, and bullet mass. Therefore, a longer barrel increases the exit velocity of the bullet and the effective range of the bullet.