- 1 How does a phone hunt group work?
- 2 What is Singtel hunting?
- 3 What is line hunt Telstra?
- 4 What is a hunt group in Avaya?
- 5 How do I set up a hunting group?
- 6 What is Jabber hunt group?
- 7 What is a pilot number?
- 8 How do I connect my phone line to my computer for a call?
- 9 What is Singtel BizVoice?
- 10 How do I get multiple lines on my phone?
- 11 What is Phone hunt group?
- 12 What is coverage answer group in Avaya?
- 13 How do I create a hunt group in Avaya IP Office?
How does a phone hunt group work?
A hunt group is a feature in a phone system that distributes calls from a single phone number to a group of numbers in a company. Simply put, when callers ring your company phone number, the group will route the call to a group of members so they can answer the call. People in a group are called members.
What is Singtel hunting?
Singtel BizVoice provides basic to unified communications capabilities such as hosting conference calls without the need to invest in a premise-based office phone system.
What is line hunt Telstra?
Line Hunt lets you add as many lines as you need, yet advertise only one number. As calls come in on your main number, Line Hunt automatically finds the next free line and puts them through. Customers don’t have to wait until the main phone line is free.
What is a hunt group in Avaya?
A Hunt Group is a collection of users handling similar types of calls, e.g. a sales department. An incoming caller wishing to speak to Sales can ring one number but the call can be answered by any number of extensions that are members of the Hunt Group.
How do I set up a hunting group?
Hunt Group Configuration
- Hunt Configuration Steps. Now to setup our hunt configuration, we’ve got some steps to look at.
- Step 1: Add Line Group Groups.
- Step 2: Configure Hunt Lists.
- Step 3a: Set Hunt Pilot.
- Step 3b: Set Hunt Forwarding.
- Step 4: Service Parameters and Login and Logout Feature.
What is Jabber hunt group?
A Hunt number/group is not connected to a particular handset, but incoming calls to a particular number (hunt number) are routed to a pre-defined group (hunt group) of extensions numbers. The call can be broadcast or rotated through the pool of lines until a free line is found and the caller is connected.
What is a pilot number?
A pilot number is the address, extension, or location of the hunt group inside the PBX or IP PBX. It’s generally a blank extension number or one extension number from a hunt group of extension numbers that doesn’t have a person or telephone associated with it.
How do I connect my phone line to my computer for a call?
How to Connect a Telephone to a PC
- Telephone line jack. Locate the end of the telephone cord.
- Telephone USB. Connect the telephone cord jack to the USB telephone adapter. You can find a USB telephone adapter at computer parts stores and retail outlets that sell computer or phone equipment.
- USB port. Plug the USB into your computer’s USB port.
What is Singtel BizVoice?
Singtel BizVoice Unified Communications (UC) is a suite of business tools that gives you the freedom to take your work out of the office. It enables you to make and receive calls from your office fixed line, on your mobile, laptop or tablet.
How do I get multiple lines on my phone?
Multiline phone systems use a cordless extension that lets you attach another phone (or phones). An option if you only need a second line is to use a line splitter; this separates the phone line into two lines, allowing you to connect another phone or device.
What is Phone hunt group?
A hunt group is a set of connections and rules that route incoming calls to a group of users until someone is available or all users have been tried. If a call is routed through the hunt group and every user is busy, the call is then routed to voicemail.
What is coverage answer group in Avaya?
Establishes Call Coverage Answer Groups. An answer group contains up to 100 members who act as a coverage point for another user. For example, if several secretaries are responsible for answering a department’s redirected calls, all the secretaries could be assigned to an answer group.
How do I create a hunt group in Avaya IP Office?
To create a Hunt Group:
- Open Manager and log on as an Administrator.
- Click to receive a configuration form.
- Select Hunt Group in the Configuration Tree.
- Right click within the panel on the right hand side of the window and select New.
- In the Name text box, enter the name of the group you want to create.