- 1 Which carry gives the best control while hunting?
- 2 What should you never do especially when swinging on game?
- 3 Which of the following is one of the main causes of accidents while hunting from a watercraft?
- 4 Which two factors are most important in choosing how do you carry your firearm?
- 5 Which carry allows the hunter to get into position most quickly?
- 6 What is the safest way to carry a gun?
- 7 What is the swing through method?
- 8 What are the four R’s of an ethical hunter?
- 9 What is the hunter’s most important item of clothing?
- 10 What are 4 main causes of hunting incidents?
- 11 What are the first three priorities if you become lost?
- 12 What are the causes of hunting?
- 13 What information on your hunting plan can help law enforcement?
- 14 What are the 5 main ways to carry a firearm?
- 15 What is the most important thing to remember if you happen to stumble or fall while carrying a firearm?
Which carry gives the best control while hunting?
The two-hand carry provides the best control over the firearm. One hand holds the firearm’s grip and the other hand is on the forearm of the firearm. This is sometimes referred to as the ready carry, since the firearm can be shouldered quickly. This carry gives the hunter the best control over the firearm’s muzzle.
What should you never do especially when swinging on game?
No hunter, especially when swinging on game, should allow his or her gun to point at a person.
When shooting at running or fast-moving game:
- Use extreme caution.
- Shoot only within your zone-of-fire.
- Only shoot when you are sure you can make an effective shot.
Which of the following is one of the main causes of accidents while hunting from a watercraft?
Boats under 16 feet often have flat bottoms or semi-v hulls and are known for their instability. It’s no surprise then that the primary causes of hunting and fishing accidents on the water are capsizing, falls overboard and flooding or swamping.
Which two factors are most important in choosing how do you carry your firearm?
Muzzle control and terrain are the most important factors in choosing how to carry your firearm.
Which carry allows the hunter to get into position most quickly?
Two-handed carry — The two-hand, also known as the ready carry, is when the firearm is gripped in both hands with the muzzle pointed up. Since the firearm is in both hands, this is one of the safest carries, allowing you to control the muzzle and bring the gun to shooting position quickly.
What is the safest way to carry a gun?
Safely Carrying Firearms
- Keep muzzle pointed in a safe direction and the barrel under control.
- Keep the safety in the “on” position while carrying a firearm. Only change the position of the safety to fire when you are ready to shoot.
- Always keep your finger outside the trigger guard.
What is the swing through method?
Swing–through is the best technique for the beginning student. Point your shotgun at a moving target and swing with it. Increase the speed of the gun so that the muzzle passes the target, and then fire. In other words, literally “swing through” the target and fire at a blank space in front of the target.
What are the four R’s of an ethical hunter?
The Four R’s of Ethical Hunters 1. Respect for Self Learn everything you can about the game you are hunting. Know and respect the legal seasons of the game animals being hunted. Practice marksmanship long before the hunting season to ensure a clean, swift harvest of game animals.
What is the hunter’s most important item of clothing?
The most important clothing choices are a daylight fluorescent orange hat and daylight fluorescent orange outerwear—a shirt, vest, or jacket. Daylight fluorescent orange clothing makes it easier for one hunter to spot and recognize another hunter because nothing in nature matches this color.
What are 4 main causes of hunting incidents?
Main Causes of Hunting Incidents
- Hunter Judgment Mistakes, such as mistaking another person for game or not checking the foreground or background before firing.
- Safety Rule Violations, including pointing the muzzle in an unsafe direction and ignoring proper procedures for crossing a fence, obstacle, or difficult terrain.
What are the first three priorities if you become lost?
Remind yourself that most lost hunters are located within 48 to 72 hours. You will shorten the time if you follow the guidelines in this course and remember these three priorities: shelter, fire, and signal.
What are the causes of hunting?
Various Causes of Overhunting
- Cosmetic Products.
- Overhunting For Food.
- Growing Demand For Animal Meat.
- Tradition and Culture.
- Hunting For Fun or Sport.
- Hunting For Fur, Decoration and Other Economic Values.
- Increased Affordability.
What information on your hunting plan can help law enforcement?
Answer: A hunting plan tells where and with whom you are hunting and when you expect to return. It also should contain specific directions on your route to your destination and any alternate destination you may have if bad weather changes your plans. Be sure to include your cell phone number and cell phone carrier.
What are the 5 main ways to carry a firearm?
Concealed Carrying Methods
- Inside Waistband Holster. Also known as the IWB, the inside waistband holster keeps the firearm safely secured at your waistband, usually with a clip that clasps over your belt.
- Outside Waistband Holster.
- Belly Band Holster.
- Shoulder Harness.
- Pouch Carry.
- Ankle Carry.
- Pocket Carry.
What is the most important thing to remember if you happen to stumble or fall while carrying a firearm?
On the off chance that you do stumble or fall, bend over backward to control the gun and keep up gag control with the goal that it is pointing far from you and your chasing mates. After a fall, point the gun a protected way, open the activity, empty the gun, and check for any barrel obstacles.