- 1 What is a reason to plan and prepare for a hunting trip hunter ed?
- 2 What is the most important factor in choosing ammunition?
- 3 Which carry gives the best control while hunting?
- 4 Why is firearm fit important for a hunter?
- 5 What four areas should you address when preparing for your hunt?
- 6 What is the most important survival tool should you become lost?
- 7 What are the 3 main types of bullets?
- 8 How far should you hold a handgun from your body?
- 9 What are the three basic rules of gun safety?
- 10 What is the safest way to carry a gun?
- 11 What is the safest way to carry a firearm?
- 12 Which two factors are the most important in choosing how do you carry your firearm?
- 13 What are the four R’s of an ethical hunter?
- 14 How is gun control an issue?
- 15 Why should you clean your firearm after each time you use it?
What is a reason to plan and prepare for a hunting trip hunter ed?
A hunting plan tells where and with whom you are hunting and when you expect to return. It also should contain specific directions on your route to your destination and any alternate destination you may have if bad weather changes your plans.
What is the most important factor in choosing ammunition?
The most important factor when choosing ammo is to make sure you select the right cartridge for your firearm. Shooting a firearm with incorrect ammunition can be dangerous, so first identify what your firearm is chambered for. Once you know that, you can begin to narrow it down. Identify your ammo needs.
Which carry gives the best control while hunting?
The two-hand carry provides the best control over the firearm. One hand holds the firearm’s grip and the other hand is on the forearm of the firearm. This is sometimes referred to as the ready carry, since the firearm can be shouldered quickly. This carry gives the hunter the best control over the firearm’s muzzle.
Why is firearm fit important for a hunter?
A good fitter can reduce the time in getting a consistent mount with the barrel pointed where the shooter is looking. Proper fit of the gun to the shooter does improve consistent performance in hitting the intended target.
What four areas should you address when preparing for your hunt?
There are four areas to address when preparing for a hunting trip: be ready, know your location, prepare for safety, and? What would not be an essential part of a hunting plan that you would leave with your family member or friend? The number of game you plan to harvest. What color is the safest choice for clothing?
What is the most important survival tool should you become lost?
When You Think You Are Lost
When you find yourself in a survival situation, the most important tool is your brain. Stop when you realize you‘ve got a problem.
What are the 3 main types of bullets?
Each bullet is commonly referred to by it’s suffixed acronym making The different types of bullets are listed and pictured below.
- Lead Round Nose (LRN)
- Wad Cutter (WC)
- Semi Wad Cutter (SWC)
- Semi-Jacketed (SJ)
- Full Metal Jacket (FMJ)
- Semi-Jacketed Hollow Point (SJHP)
- Jacketed Hollow Point (JHP)
- Special (RCBD)
How far should you hold a handgun from your body?
When a revolver is fired, powder flashing at the front of the cylinder can cause burns. Be sure to keep your fingers away from the front of the trigger area. The slide and hammer of a semi-automatic gun can deliver a bruising blow when held too close to the body. All handguns should be fired at arm’s length.
What are the three basic rules of gun safety?
NRA’s Three Safety Rules
- Gun Safety Rule #1: ALWAYS keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
- Gun Safety Rule #2: ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
- Gun Safety Rule #3: ALWAYS keep the gun unloaded until ready to use.
What is the safest way to carry a gun?
Safely Carrying Firearms
- Keep muzzle pointed in a safe direction and the barrel under control.
- Keep the safety in the “on” position while carrying a firearm. Only change the position of the safety to fire when you are ready to shoot.
- Always keep your finger outside the trigger guard.
What is the safest way to carry a firearm?
Two-handed carry — The two-hand, also known as the ready carry, is when the firearm is gripped in both hands with the muzzle pointed up. Since the firearm is in both hands, this is one of the safest carries, allowing you to control the muzzle and bring the gun to shooting position quickly.
Which two factors are the most important in choosing how do you carry your firearm?
Muzzle control and terrain are the most important factors in choosing how to carry your firearm.
What are the four R’s of an ethical hunter?
The Four R’s of Ethical Hunters 1. Respect for Self Learn everything you can about the game you are hunting. Know and respect the legal seasons of the game animals being hunted. Practice marksmanship long before the hunting season to ensure a clean, swift harvest of game animals.
How is gun control an issue?
In most developed countries, gun control is strict and uncontroversial. In others it is a fraught political issue, pitting those who regard it as necessary for public safety against those who view it as a dangerous infringement of personal liberty.
Why should you clean your firearm after each time you use it?
Clean your firearms after every use to keep them in top condition. This will help ensure that the action functions safely and properly and the ammunition performs as it should.