- 1 When can you use crossbow in NY?
- 2 Can you hunt with a bow during regular season in NY?
- 3 Can you shoot a deer from your house in NY?
- 4 Can you carry a pistol while bow hunting in NY?
- 5 Can you hunt with an AR 15 in NY?
- 6 Can you hunt deer with a pistol in NY?
- 7 Can I hunt on my own land without a license in NY?
- 8 Can you shoot on your property in NY?
- 9 Are salt licks legal in New York?
- 10 Can you shoot a pistol in NY without a permit?
- 11 Can I carry a gun while hiking in NY?
- 12 Can a felon hunt with a bow in NY 2020?
- 13 How old do you have to be to hunt alone in NY?
When can you use crossbow in NY?
- Age requirement: Crossbows may be used only by licensees who are 14 years of age or older.
- Without landowner permission, crossbows may not be discharged within 250 feet of any home, school building or playground, public structure, farm structure in use, or occupied factory or church.
Can you hunt with a bow during regular season in NY?
The bowhunting privilege is not required to hunt with a bow during regular seasons, but hunters must possess proof of eligibility (either a valid bowhunter education certificate or prior bowhunting license).
Can you shoot a deer from your house in NY?
You are not within 500 feet of a home or farm building, unless you have permission from the owner or lessee. While in or on a motor vehicle and operating a light and no person has a firearm or bow unless: the firearm is taken down or the bow is unstrung, or. the firearm is securely fastened in a case, or.
Can you carry a pistol while bow hunting in NY?
You can carry a handgun – provided you have a NYS pistol permit – while hunting with a bow during the regular big game season. However, you may not carry a firearm while archery hunting during a special archery season.
Can you hunt with an AR 15 in NY?
* It is illegal to hunt with: a fully automatic firearm; an autoloading firearm that holds more than 6 shells (except an autoloading pistol with a barrel length under 8 inches); any firearm equipped with a silencer.
Can you hunt deer with a pistol in NY?
Big game hunters are permitted to carry:
22 caliber rim-fire handgun during regular deer season or early and regular bear seasons, if they possess a NYS pistol permit; or. 22 caliber rim-fire cannot be used as a primary or secondary weapon to take deer or bear.
Can I hunt on my own land without a license in NY?
You do not need a hunting license if you are:
A resident landowner primarily engaged in farming (including lessees and members of their immediate families) when small game hunting on farm lands they are occupying and cultivating. A Native American living and hunting on reservation land.
Can you shoot on your property in NY?
Of course you CAN. The proper question is “May you shoot” on your property in New York. Sure can. The cops will be there in a matter of seconds; and you‘d best not be still holding the gun when they get there, but you can do it.
Are salt licks legal in New York?
You put out a salt lick out for deer, or feed them prior to the season to attract them to an area when the hunting season begins. However, it is illegal to place a salt block or mineral lick on lands inhabited by deer at any time of year.
Can you shoot a pistol in NY without a permit?
The use of handguns shall not be permitted unless the shooter has a valid New York State pistol permit or falls under one of the exemptions set forth in § 265.20 of the New York State Penal Law.
Can I carry a gun while hiking in NY?
No person shall carry a firearm or be accompanied by a person carrying a firearm under any circumstances when using Trails 2, 4, 5, 7, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 18, 19, 20 and 21.
Can a felon hunt with a bow in NY 2020?
In the recent months NYS has made it illegal for all convicted felons to bear fire arms/bow and arrows. In the past convicted felons were not allowed to hunt with shot guns or rifles, BUT could hunt with muzzleloaders and bows.
How old do you have to be to hunt alone in NY?
New York does, in fact, stand alone in its current 14-year-old age requirement to hunt big game with a firearm.