- 1 Which of the following is a safe practice when hunting turkeys?
- 2 Which of the following safety harnesses is the safest and most recommended when hunting from a tree stand?
- 3 What colors should a safe hunter avoid wearing when hunting for wild turkey?
- 4 What is the best and safest way to carry a turkey out of the woods?
- 5 What are the four R’s of an ethical hunter?
- 6 When turkey hunting where should you sit to protect yourself?
- 7 When it comes to Treestand Safety What are the 3 R’s?
- 8 Why is proper clothing important to hunters?
- 9 What is the most important survival tool should you become lost?
- 10 What is the purpose of a tether strap?
- 11 What colors should you not wear while turkey hunting?
- 12 Why should you avoid using tail fanning techniques?
- 13 What is the first thing hunters should do if they get lost?
- 14 Which carry allows the hunter to get into position most quickly?
- 15 What should you never do especially when swinging on game?
Which of the following is a safe practice when hunting turkeys?
To safely hunt a turkey:
Never wear turkey colors—red, blue, black, or white. Call only with a large tree at your back. Drape an orange vest around a tree near your calling location so that other hunters know you’re there. Wear hunter orange when entering or leaving your turkey hunting area.
Which of the following safety harnesses is the safest and most recommended when hunting from a tree stand?
The best safety precaution for treestand hunting is to wear a full-body harness and stay tethered to the tree or lifeline the entire time you’re off the ground. A full-body harness secures the bowhunter to the tree or lifeline with a tether, which is located on the harness’s back, just below the neck.
What colors should a safe hunter avoid wearing when hunting for wild turkey?
Dress for safety and success
Never wear bright colors, especially not red, white, blue or black because these are the colors of a wild turkey gobbler.
What is the best and safest way to carry a turkey out of the woods?
After having harvested a wild turkey, what is the best and safest way to carry it out of the woods? Wrapped in an orange bag or cloth. When hunting for Wild Turkey, which of the following is an important safety consideration? Sit with your back against a tree at least as wide as your shoulders.
What are the four R’s of an ethical hunter?
The Four R’s of Ethical Hunters 1. Respect for Self Learn everything you can about the game you are hunting. Know and respect the legal seasons of the game animals being hunted. Practice marksmanship long before the hunting season to ensure a clean, swift harvest of game animals.
When turkey hunting where should you sit to protect yourself?
Protect your back.
- Sit with your back against a large tree, rock, or other large natural barrier.
- Shields you from unseen hunter approaching from the rear.
When it comes to Treestand Safety What are the 3 R’s?
If you fall from a treestand and you are properly using a FAS/FBH, remember your 3 R’s: Rescue, Relief and Recover.
Why is proper clothing important to hunters?
Choose clothing that keeps you dry and warm, yet lets your skin breathe and helps control scent. The proper hunting attire also protects you from potential harm. Make sure you understand the safety requirements for the area in which you’ll be hunting.
What is the most important survival tool should you become lost?
When You Think You Are Lost
When you find yourself in a survival situation, the most important tool is your brain. Stop when you realize you‘ve got a problem.
What is the purpose of a tether strap?
The Top Tether Strap, also sometimes called an ‘anchor strap‘, is the webbing strap attached to the top back of a child restraint. The strap has a metal hook on the end, which should be used to secure the upper part of your child restraint to the approved vehicle anchor point.
What colors should you not wear while turkey hunting?
Never wear red, white, blue or black clothing while turkey hunting. Red is the color most hunters look for when distinguishing a gobbler’s head from a hen’s blue-colored head, but at times it may appear white or blue.
Why should you avoid using tail fanning techniques?
Avoid using tail–fanning techniques. Even if you are out in the open where there is little additional cover, fans may be large enough to hide you while you are lying down. Another hunter might think the tail fan is a gobbler and shoot.
What is the first thing hunters should do if they get lost?
When You Think You Are Lost
The first thing to do is admit to yourself that you are in trouble. Think about what you need to do to survive. Observe the area; and look for shelter, fuel, etc. Plan how you are going to use your survival kit and your other available resources.
Which carry allows the hunter to get into position most quickly?
Two-handed carry — The two-hand, also known as the ready carry, is when the firearm is gripped in both hands with the muzzle pointed up. Since the firearm is in both hands, this is one of the safest carries, allowing you to control the muzzle and bring the gun to shooting position quickly.
What should you never do especially when swinging on game?
No hunter, especially when swinging on game, should allow his or her gun to point at a person.
When shooting at running or fast-moving game:
- Use extreme caution.
- Shoot only within your zone-of-fire.
- Only shoot when you are sure you can make an effective shot.