- 1 Can you hunt on public land in Florida?
- 2 Where is the best hunting in Florida?
- 3 How do I go hunting in Florida?
- 4 Where is the best deer hunting in Florida?
- 5 Can I shoot a deer on my property in Florida?
- 6 Do you need a hunting license to hunt on private property in Florida?
- 7 How many acres do you need to hunt in Florida?
- 8 What Animals Can you hunt without a license in Florida?
- 9 What can you hunt year round in Florida?
- 10 Can you hunt rabbits at night in Florida?
- 11 How much is a hunting license in Florida?
- 12 Can you hunt with an AR in Florida?
- 13 What is the biggest deer killed in Florida?
- 14 How long does the rut last in Florida?
- 15 How much is a deer tag in Florida?
Can you hunt on public land in Florida?
Public hunting opportunities
FWC cooperatively manages public hunting on nearly 6 million acres in our WMA system. The FWC cannot give permission to hunt on other lands. Land that is not posted or fenced, including some waterbodies, may not be open to hunting.
Where is the best hunting in Florida?
Hunting in Florida: Top Spots for Hunting in the Sunshine State
- Roberts Ranch, Palatka. If you are new to Florida, visiting or just looking for a good hunt, then look no further than Roberts Ranch.
- Apalachicola National Forest, Florida Panhandle. This wildlife management area covers just less than 600,000 acres.
- Hog Hunting.
- VOTE NOW: Is Florida Gov.
- Small Game.
- Related Stories:
How do I go hunting in Florida?
Public Hunting opportunities
Florida has one of the largest wildlife management area (WMA) systems in the country at nearly 6 million acres. To hunt on a WMA, you must possess a management area permit and a hunting license, (and often other permits depending on species and season), unless exempt.
Where is the best deer hunting in Florida?
Corbett WMA (60,000 acres, Palm Beach County) and Big Cypress WMA (730,000 acres, Collier, Miami-Dade, Monroe counties) are two of the best public spots to take a deer with a bow, according to Wes Seitz, public hunting area biologist for the FWC.
Can I shoot a deer on my property in Florida?
Shooting or propelling potentially lethal projectiles over or across private land without authorization in order to take game is considered criminal trespassing and is a felony. Taking deer is prohibited by any method in the Florida Keys.
Do you need a hunting license to hunt on private property in Florida?
Hunters are required to follow state regulations even on private land. The main exception to this rule pertains to the hunting of feral wild hogs. Hogs may be hunted on private land without a state license. They may also be hunted at night on private land.
How many acres do you need to hunt in Florida?
Persons who own, lease or otherwise have written permission to take deer on properties of at least 640 contiguous acres, or not less than 150 contiguous acres if adjoining land with a current permit, may apply for antlerless deer permits and tags to authorize the harvest of a specific number of antlerless deer on the
What Animals Can you hunt without a license in Florida?
Wild hog is a hunted year-round game animal in Florida that has no bag limit. Hogs can be either trapped or shot without hunting license requirement. Hogs are not native to Florida and are considered an invasive species.
What can you hunt year round in Florida?
Hunting in Florida: 3 Animals To Hunt Year–Round
- Rabbit. Rabbit can be hunted year round in all four management zones in Florida. All legal rifles, shotguns, muzzleloaders, crossbows, bows, and pistols, may take rabbits at any time.
- Wild Hog. Wild hog has no bag limit and can be hunted year round in Florida.
- Small Game.
Can you hunt rabbits at night in Florida?
The Gun and Light at Night Permit authorizes individuals to take depredating wildlife (beaver, bobcat, fox, opossum, rabbit, raccoon, otter, skunk or nutria) at night with a gun and light on land that they own or possess the written permission of the landowner.
How much is a hunting license in Florida?
|Resident Hunting Licenses||Annual|
|Resident 64 or Older Sportsman’s License (includes Freshwater Fishing and Hunting Licenses, Wildlife Management Area, Archery, Muzzleloading Gun, Crossbow, Turkey and Florida Waterfowl Permits)||$13.50|
|Resident Annual Hunting||$17|
|Resident Hunting/Freshwater Fishing Combination||$32.50|
Can you hunt with an AR in Florida?
Most WMA’S have this section under Guns: “Hunting with full automatic firearms, centerfire semi-automatic rifles having a magazine capable of holding more than 5 rounds, explosive or drug-injecting devices and set guns is prohibited.” As I read this, that doesn’t pertain to AR pistols in pistol caliber.
What is the biggest deer killed in Florida?
The official state record for Florida is a 1999 buck, a 26-point velvet-racked buck killed at Green Swamp West Wildlife Management Area in Pasco County, just west of Orlando. That buck tallied 206 inches even. An officer took this photo of the buck the night before it was killed.
How long does the rut last in Florida?
The breeding period (from when the first doe is bred to when the last doe is bred) can last as long as 60 days. Peak breeding may begin about 10 days be- fore the peak breeding dates given and may last up to 10 days after that date, so it is not necessarily confined to one week.
How much is a deer tag in Florida?
|Hunting Permits and Related Licenses (Resident and Nonresident)||Annual||5-Year (Residents only)|
|Archery Season Permit||$5.00||$25.00|
|Crossbow Season Permit||$5.00||$25.00|
|Muzzleloading Gun Season Permit||$5.00||$25.00|