- 1 Where can you hunt in Florida?
- 2 What can you hunt year round in Florida?
- 3 Where is the best hunting in Florida?
- 4 Can I shoot a deer on my property in Florida?
- 5 Do you need a hunting license to hunt on private property in Florida?
- 6 How many acres do you need to hunt in Florida?
- 7 What is the most dangerous animal in Florida?
- 8 Can you hunt with an AR 15 in Florida?
- 9 Can I shoot squirrels in Florida?
- 10 Can you carry a pistol while bow hunting in Florida?
- 11 What Animals Can you hunt without a license in Florida?
- 12 Where is the best deer hunting in Florida?
- 13 Can I shoot a bobcat on my property in Florida?
- 14 Can I open carry in my yard in Florida?
- 15 Can you bait deer on private land in Florida?
Where can you hunt in Florida?
Hunting Florida’s national wildlife refuges (NWR)
- Chassahowitzka NWR, 1502 Southeast Kings Bay Dr., Crystal River, FL 34429; 352-563-2088.
- Ten Thousand Islands NWR, 12085 State Road 29 South, Immokalee FL 34142; 239-657-8001.
- Lower Suwannee NWR, 16450 NW 31st Place, Chiefland, FL 32626; 352-493-0238.
What can you hunt year round in Florida?
Hunting in Florida: 3 Animals To Hunt Year–Round
- Rabbit. Rabbit can be hunted year round in all four management zones in Florida. All legal rifles, shotguns, muzzleloaders, crossbows, bows, and pistols, may take rabbits at any time.
- Wild Hog. Wild hog has no bag limit and can be hunted year round in Florida.
- Small Game.
Where is the best hunting in Florida?
Hunting in Florida: Top Spots for Hunting in the Sunshine State
- Roberts Ranch, Palatka. If you are new to Florida, visiting or just looking for a good hunt, then look no further than Roberts Ranch.
- Apalachicola National Forest, Florida Panhandle. This wildlife management area covers just less than 600,000 acres.
- Hog Hunting.
- VOTE NOW: Is Florida Gov.
- Small Game.
- Related Stories:
Can I shoot a deer on my property in Florida?
Shooting or propelling potentially lethal projectiles over or across private land without authorization in order to take game is considered criminal trespassing and is a felony. Taking deer is prohibited by any method in the Florida Keys.
Do you need a hunting license to hunt on private property in Florida?
Hunters are required to follow state regulations even on private land. The main exception to this rule pertains to the hunting of feral wild hogs. Hogs may be hunted on private land without a state license. They may also be hunted at night on private land.
How many acres do you need to hunt in Florida?
Persons who own, lease or otherwise have written permission to take deer on properties of at least 640 contiguous acres, or not less than 150 contiguous acres if adjoining land with a current permit, may apply for antlerless deer permits and tags to authorize the harvest of a specific number of antlerless deer on the
What is the most dangerous animal in Florida?
Watch Out: The Most Dangerous Animals in Florida
- Spiders. There are two spiders in particular, found in Florida, that can potentially be dangerous.
- Florida Black Bears. The Florida black bear is the largest animal that you will find on land in Florida.
- American Alligators.
- Wild Boars.
- Florida Panthers.
- Fire ants.
Can you hunt with an AR 15 in Florida?
AR–15s are popular rifles, and yes — they are legal to hunt with (in most states). These rifles offer a wide range of advantages, whether you‘re out hunting deer or looking for smaller game during the off-season.
Can I shoot squirrels in Florida?
Get started small-game hunting
Gray squirrel and rabbit hunting usually requires less planning and gear than hunting other species. All you need is a little preparation, a place to go and a shotgun,. 22-caliber rifle or airgun. All you need is a hunting license and management area permit.
Can you carry a pistol while bow hunting in Florida?
Florida Statute 790.25 addresses lawful ownership, possession, and use of firearms and other weapons, and section 3(h) specifies: Anyone “engaged in fishing, camping, or lawful hunting or going to or returning from a fishing, camping, or lawful hunting expedition” can openly carry a firearm.
What Animals Can you hunt without a license in Florida?
Wild hog is a hunted year-round game animal in Florida that has no bag limit. Hogs can be either trapped or shot without hunting license requirement. Hogs are not native to Florida and are considered an invasive species.
Where is the best deer hunting in Florida?
Corbett WMA (60,000 acres, Palm Beach County) and Big Cypress WMA (730,000 acres, Collier, Miami-Dade, Monroe counties) are two of the best public spots to take a deer with a bow, according to Wes Seitz, public hunting area biologist for the FWC.
Can I shoot a bobcat on my property in Florida?
Only mouth or mechanical calls are allowed; no recorded or electronic calls are permitted in Florida. Bobcats may be hunted and killed from December 1 to March 1, although you may chase them year-round with dogs. Do not take a bobcat pelt out of Florida without first getting a tag for it from the FWC.
Can I open carry in my yard in Florida?
Florida does not allow open carry of a firearm except under a few very limited exceptions. You can open carry on your own private property where your home is located. You can also open carry while traveling directly to or from or are engaged in fishing, hunting, or camping. The reciprocity laws often change.
Can you bait deer on private land in Florida?
For hunting deer, hogs and turkeys, broadheads must have at least two sharpened edges with a minimum width of 7/8 inch. Except for turkeys, you‘re permitted to take resident game over feeding stations on private property. It’s against the law to feed or use bait on WMAs.